I couldn’t stop at just 10!
- How to suspect or diagnose lip ties, posterior and anterior tongue ties and refer your baby for immediate treatment.
- How to help you supplement without losing your supply, this includes use of at breast supplementers.
- Proper fitting of pump flanges
- Be able to give advice on formula if required
- How to measure approximate and appropriate milk intake in the infant
- Where you can rent or buy any equipment you will need-pumps, at breast supplementers, shells, shields etc
- Be able to diagnose a hypoplastic breast
- How to treat supply issues with herbs or medications (both under and over supply)
- Ways to use an at breast supplementer effectively not necessarily related to low supply. These are good for a variety of situations not related to low supply: cleft lip or palate deformities, babies with flow preference or low sucking ability, fixing nipple confusion, and of course supplementation.
- Management tips for large breasts, nipples, flat nipples and inverted nipples.
- Be willing to work with you before you have a baby!